Friday 8 September 2017

Swallows & Amazons Layout {Swedish House Crafts}

Hello! Hello! I'm thrilled that, after Guest Designing for Swedish House Crafts last month, I've been asked to join the Design Team! (How cool is that?) So, this morning, I have a soft, little layout to share with you, using some of my favourite items from the store! It's all so lovely!


The colours of the Maja Design, Sofiero, Limited Edition, Complete Collection are so beautiful and I wanted to make the most of the soft, delicate florals by 'showcasing' them in a little layout. I'm normally a little nervous about adding text directly onto cardstock (in case I make a mistake!) so I added my journalling onto some Crafter's Companion Printable Vellum Paper.

I then cut the vellum down to size and layered it onto the cardstock. I left a little bit of the cardstock on show, but the vellum adds a lovely softness to the overall look. I love it!


Once I'd added the vellum, I used a small doily from my own stash, layered underneath my theatre tickets as the central element. To add detail, I raided my Swedish House Crafts stash and added some leaves cut with the Gummiapan Die Set - Twig Rounded underneath some Coral Pink/Primrose Paper Flowers and Vintage White Paper Flowers.


For a little more detail, I used the Gummiapan Die - Twig, Rounded Large to make some slightly larger leaves, to add the bottom of the central element. These dies are so versatile (and I'm not biased, they really are amazing!) 

Now, can a recommend a little visit to the Swedish House Crafts Blog? There's so much to see!

1 comment:

  1. This is indeed so delicate and gently pretty! I like your little layers under and around your ticket. Off to follow your links :).

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Thank you x